|Welcome to Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society
2017 Grand Chapter Meeting
Phi Rho Sigma's Grand Chapter in 2017 will be held in Tampa, Florida in June.
57TH MEETING OF THE GRAND CHAPTER
Phi Rho Sigma celebrated its 125th anniversary at the Grand Chapter meeting held in Tampa June 12th and 13th. President Elisabeth Righter, M.D. reported that our society is continuing to meet the needs of today's medical students and that this past academic year we initiated more new members than in the past ten years.
NEW OFFICERS ELECTED FOR THE 2015-17 BIENNIUM
Elected to lead Phi Rho Sigma for the next two years are the following:
President-Dr. Elisabeth Righter, Alpha Upsilon
Vice-Presidents-Dr. Gary Leroy, Alpha Upsilon and Dr. Julie Best, Pi
Secretary/Treasurer-Dr. Gabriel Cuka, Iota
Historian-Dr. Casey Drake, Iota
Editor-Dr. Sheryl Mascarenhas, Alpha Upsilon
||Phi Rho Sigma Medical Society, founded in 1890 at Northwestern University, is a coeducational society for medical students. In 1929, Chi Zeta Chi which was founded at the University of Georgia, was amalgamated with Phi Rho Sigma. Membership is open to men and women attending medical schools of the highest standing. The Society currently has active chapters throughout the United States. Our alumni have been responsible for numerous, significant advances in modern medicine and many alumni hold position of influence and prominence in academics and clinical medicine.
Objects of Phi Rho Sigma
- To promote good fellowship among students, alumni, and faculty of medical schools and the medical community.
- To encourage excellence in professional work and continuing improvement in the medical profession.
- To assist, by every honorable means, the advancement of its members.
- To enhance the quality of medical education.
- To promote the concept of medicine as a profession of service to society.
Membership: Please visit our membership benefits page for information about becoming a member.